|Forum - Wall Street Pit
||Stock Due Diligence for All|
|From: santelli (Rep: 1666)||Date: 09/18/2009 20:50|
|Forum: Wall Street Pit - Msg #1762987||Thread #672759834 (Rec: 19) |
|in 7 months on 98% winners, no newsletter, no books, just simple rules|
This is free---------- and I live by & am successful because of it.
Help to be a more profitable trader
***dont buy any stock without knowing the sector
* check avg daily volume/ opening price and yesterdays trading range (low to high)
* check filings and news- (save this link its priceless) http://www.knobias.com/individual/public/quote.htm?ticker=efji
* check your shorts http://shortsqueeze.com
* look at a 3 month chart for support resistance LEARN CHARTS! http://stockta.com/ http://stockconsultant.com/ http://www.finviz.com/
* look at level 2 see where support/ strong resistance is. decide where to buy- where to sell before buying ANY.
* learn the good and bad market makers on L2- its a reality.
* watch a stock for as long as possible before buying- L2 charts........
*learn the pump and dumpers on msg boards and those that have credible plays.
buy enough stock to make a profit with 1 uptick including commissions buy and sell.
I buy with 2 accounts
in order to lock in profits,
I buy 2 accts with 5k or 10k 20k shares, (or more)
when the stock moves .05 or .07 or .10 or? (your decision) SELL 1/2. !!!
now the stock has to fall that amount BELOW your buy for you to lose money.
try to sell on the way up, make your 1st sell point in your head and do it,
dont drop on bid and mess up a good trade for yourself and others.if it keeps going you wont say I missed XX% gain,
if it looks done sell all.
2-3 bad trades in a day? walk away- start fresh the next day.
* after the 1st day spike watch for sellers the next 2-3 days (should hold support) then watch for trend (up if its a good stock)
most of my stocks are traded over and over again as they trade in between support/resistance.
**************************study charts/ compile lists of sectors/ learn level 2-
the mkt has trading times 8 am -10:30 (exits) 11:20- 12:00 (exits) 1:00- 2:20 (exits) 3pm to--4(know when the money flows/leaves)
traders have common mental blocks on the .50 range or even # ( I will sell when it hits....) good to know...
we all have different styles, but some trader has your style, see what they see, do what they do. be a winner.
find someone that is doing well, learn from them,ask questions, the human ones will answer, thank them and grow from it,
we all crawl before we can walk, then run.
Share This Post:
if I post a chart with support- resistance- this DOES NOT mean that these areas will hold OR be broken- it means you can trade within these areas and watch for breaks to the upside (or down side) and depending on YOUR risk/reward/tolerance do what YOU think is best. no one should follow me in my trades.
TRADE WITH EMOTIONS and LOSE YOUR MONEY.
Be responsible Read the news check the charts be sure of earnings date, make some money. do NOT buy my stocks posted if you cant hold more than 5 minutes or take a loss.
TheLion.com | About Us | Agreement & Disclaimer | Privacy | Twitter
© 1999- TheLion.com, Inc.